Had a sublime moment today in the local park (Serena Gundy). Just last summer I realized a secret entrance that I’d never known about. Also, I used to go away for summers when I was a kid. These days, I improvise.
Last nite at Port Hope Ontario. It’s a small town looking over Lake Ontario. Fisheye filter brings in a lot more light, otherwise I probably would have taken this straight.
Here’s another one I took last night at Lake Ontario, about 100 miles east of Toronto. I guess that’s Venus or something like that. The evening star. I’m not sure if this was thru the side window or if it was rolled down. I might make this my official non-denominational Seasons Greetings image! Everyone digs nature…
If it doesn’t fit in your browser/device, try clicking on the image.
- More Toronto snow means a slow, sloppy Tuesday commute (metronews.ca)
- Up to 10cm of snow expected to slow morning commute (globalnews.ca)
Sunset near Cobourg Ontario last night. It was so cold that the skin on my hands cracked and actually bled a tiny bit. What lengths one will go to for a nice pic! I actually took quite a few of this guy. In reality just a hunk of ice. » http://www.tumblr.com/blog/mwclark
- The Polar Bear (maxinedevillefranche.com)
- My fear of Polar Bears inspired my first book. The strange workings of a writers mind (lylenicholson.com)
- WTF? We’re Melting Their Habitat and Hunting Polar Bears? (onegreenplanet.org)
- Facts and figures about polar bears in Canada (metronews.ca)
- Polar Warmth (apecewamogo.wordpress.com)
- Putting the “Polar” in the Polar Bear Plunge (hamptonspartygirl.wordpress.com)
- This is the Week of the Polar Bear Plunge (costumesupercenter.com)
- Polar Bear’s by the numbers in Canada (castanet.net)
A beautiful day yesterday prompted me and my dear ol’ Mom to take to the beach. It was about 2 pm and sunny… just in time to escape the city before the rush hour traffic. So at the last minute we decided to take to the country. A totally splendid day. We arrived here at Port Hope Ontario just before sunset. It was REALLY cold so I stayed in the car for this photo. The windshield gave it a bit of a color cast, which I could remove. But I thought I’d leave it for realism.
- Forecast: Bitter Cold Monday, More Snow Expected Tuesday (wbur.org)
- Brrrr! The cold tests us… (localmorph.wordpress.com)
- Check and Replace Your Wiper Blades (allstate.com)
- It’s cold outside – so wrap up warm! (savingmoneynow.com)
- It aint cold! (mountainstroh.com)
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice (bigstory.ap.org)
- Free spirits ? (twomenandadogblog.wordpress.com)
- Cold sweeps in today, then more snow Tuesday (boston.com)