Originally a serious track called “medieval,” I was trying to record some ahhs and not having much luck. Suddenly I was inspired to go into a sort of nonsense voiceover (with a nod to the Beatles and Lewis Carroll).
I’ve been having a ball playing around with all sorts of new software. I recently switched my old “frankenstein” computer (the one I made on Halloween out of two dead computers) to Xubuntu 16.04, which is a Linux operating system.
It’s been a great adventure. Like learning how to do computers all over again. Luckily there are friendly forums, which always helps!
There’s a lot of interesting free software that works well with Linux. One is Slimjet browser, which I’m using now (I haven’t tested it on Windows yet). Another is the GIMP, a photo editor that also works with Windows.
Anyhow… here’s a little something created on the GIMP… thinking of that old madman David Bowie while doing this. Well, I guess he’s an eternally young madman now.
I think the lyric “something in the sky” is in one of his songs from the LP Outside. But I’d have to check on that.
Sorry to anyone who has liked my stuff here or at Earthpages. I WILL get back to see what you have been up to. Just that learning Linux and related software has been pretty time-consuming. As I say, like learning computers all over again. 🙂
Last night I returned some library material to a branch that I don’t visit too often. Browsing the DVD section I saw a fresh copy of Pixels. I’d been curious about it, so checked it out.
I was drawn into the film fairly quickly. Being about 20 yrs in 1982, where the movie begins, it brought back a host of memories. Some good, some not so good.
Adam Sandler plays Sam Brenner, a “loser” working as a tech installer. His orange outfit even has the word “nerd” in the corporate logo. Sort of a cliche these days, one which I doubt actual tech installers would appreciate.
On the other hand, Sam takes on an attractive “snob” (Michelle Monaghan) who wouldn’t kiss him because of his lowly status. And he does it well. So the film is a bit more complicated than merely perpetuating harmful stereotypes.
What really grabbed me in this movie was its integration of early video games, 80s pop culture, and the idea of an ET invasion. If you extend your imagination a bit, I think this movie is pretty good. I laughed here and there. Yes, drifted a few times… but one can always hit the pause button and get a coffee or snack when that happens.
On the whole, I felt that Sandler and the supportive cast did a good job. I wouldn’t say “great” but again, it was the synthesis of old, new and the beyond that made the difference.
More or less panned on other web sites. I think this film was just a bit too clever for some learned “critics” whose minds are too regimented to appreciate a flick that doesn’t fit into the current sci-fi box. True, it appears stupid and silly. One reviewer just called it “tediously bad.”¹ But something higher was going on. At least, it was for me.
Final word – Pleasantly surprised.
I really enjoy doing volunteer work at allexperts.com because people are always asking me stuff that I have to look up. So it’s a good way to stay current and informed.
Anyhow, one of the more recent questions was in the UFOs/Aliens category. The person asked how I felt about the idea that she was a Sirian star seed. The idea of the star seed is that God didn’t create us out of nothing but, rather, humanity was seeded and is being invisibly guided by some advanced species from another world.
At first the idea might sound weird. But when you consider what mankind can do with plants and animals in the 21st century, well, maybe it’s not so far fetched.
I don’t pretend to know. But I do offer my psychologically based word of caution. See my answer here: http://en.allexperts.com/q/UFOs-Aliens-2138/2013/1/starseed.htm
- Sirian Archangel Hermes ~ Your Entire Galaxy is Infused with New Light (spiritualconnectedness.wordpress.com)
- Volunteering: How Helping Others Helps You (bigfuture.collegeboard.org)
- !!!!! James Gilliland: Sirian Message on 2012, Social, Economic and Physical Earth Changes. (2012indyinfo.com)
…a review I did at Earthpages.org back in 2009. Recently I gave it some stylistic touch ups and added current links at the bottom.
Title: Nick Pope: The Man Who Left the MOD
Interviewer: Michael Bourne
Director: Philip Gardiner
Producer: Reality Films
Nick Pope isn’t exactly a household name. But among UFO investigators and devotees he’s become a controversial figure.
In The Man Who Left the MOD we learn that Pope joined the UK’s Ministry of Defence (MOD) in 1985. By 1991 the MOD wanted to assess any potential threats that UFOs might pose to national security. Ready for a change, Pope took a position in the MOD’s new UFO Project.
That’s just the background. The Man Who Left the MOD probes far deeper into the history and experiences of this articulate spokesperson for investigators of UFO lore. Some may not like my use of the term lore. But it seems appropriate as the ‘U’ in UFO stands for unidentified, and Pope is the first to uphold a question mark rather…
View original post 434 more words
Here’s another question and answer at allexperts.com. Basically the question is about those who believe they’ve been abducted by a UFO and whether or not their faith – in this case Hindu faith – saves them.
From my perspective the question isn’t entirely clear and could be interpreted to mean that (a) the Hindu faith ends the delusion of being abducted or (b) it ends an actual abduction.
Whatever the case, I got around it by using the word “believe” in my answer, published here:
- What is the Truth about Alien Abductions – UFO Abductions (epages.wordpress.com)
- UFO’s and Alien Encounters – and the Occult Similarities (epages.wordpress.com)
- Conference to Have AZ UFO Abductee (myfoxphoenix.com)
- UFO Report – UFO Sighting Over Columbia – 12 March 2012 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Recent UFO Sightings (the2012scenario.com)
- Open Minds Radio: Jordan Pease Discusses the UFO Disclosure Project and the IUFOC (the2012scenario.com)
- UFO Appears Above Leipzig, Germany (disclose.tv)
- 2 UFO’s Seen and Recorded Above Colombia (disclose.tv)
- Excitement Running High as “Exopolitics” Group Claims Stunning UFO Proof (prweb.com)
- Glowing UFO descends upon German farm (examiner.com)
I’ve tried playing this song on the piano and it’s not easy. I don’t know if it was just the sheet music but it was in one of those strange keys that compelled me to play it a semitone higher. For a long time now I’ve felt that this is one of the better Elton John songs. It just needs a bit of polish and maybe a better arrangement.
- Love It or Leave It: Elton John and David Furnish (fabsugar.com)
- Elton John Wants Justin Timberlake To Play Him In Biopic (wdok.radio.com)
- Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party: Mary J. Blige (fabsugar.com)
- Jimmy Choo Designs For Elton John (fabsugar.com)
- Elton John’s miserable night at Golden Globes (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Ugh! Elton John’s Hubby Is STILL Talking Shiz About Madonna! (lukewilliamss.wordpress.com)
- VIDEO: Madonna ‘hopes Elton John speaks to her’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Foster The People Will Headline Elton John AIDS Gala (now100fm.radio.com)