Tonight I sat down at the keyboard and felt like doing an ambient trance number. Something really minimalist. Taking a break downstairs to have a freezie pop (it was a warm day today in Toronto) the idea of putting in Sir Winston Churchill’s famous “We Shall Never Surrender” speech came to mind. So, I went back upstairs and found oodles of copies of it on the web, mixed it in, and came up with this.
We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
- When leaving seems irresponsible… Remember Sir Winston Churchill (packingandleaving.wordpress.com)
- Winston Churchill ‘more inspiring’ than Martin Luther King (itv.com)
- “Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” – Sir Winston Churchill (priscillaajacks.wordpress.com)
- Politicians and their holidays (telegraph.co.uk)
- Sir Winston Churchill’s Westminster memorial statue signer (Rousse) (dreamaticus.org)
- MPs to be banned from touching Margaret Thatcher and Winston Churchill statues for luck (telegraph.co.uk)