Just listened to the preview of my cover of the Moody Blues’ “Melancholy Man.” Since posting that I’ve been pouring hours and hours into it… added a BIG DANCE CLAP sound and lots of whooshes and pops. It’s really coming along nicely. About 75% done. The more I get into sound production the more I see that it really is WORK. Wow… I love it but its tiring. Part of the trouble is my relative newness to it. Whenever I want to do something new I have to look it up or dialogue on the blog for my recording software. Again, it’s fun. But every little change takes hours! Will probably be doing more tonight if the creative impulse hits me.
One thing I like about this song is that it’s not just a sad song. There’s all sorts of apocalyptic and revelatory stuff and big rays of hope. As the lyrics go
A beam of light will fill your head
And you’ll remember what’s been said
By all the good men this world’s ever known…
(and) we’re going to keep growing… wait and see.
Meanwhile, new songs are coming to mind, and how I might arrange them… must be a sign that I’m approaching the end of this one. 🙂
- melancholy man (cover) – preview (mclark.wordpress.com)
- On Melancholy (stevehi312.wordpress.com)
- My Melancholy Vampire (namelessneed.wordpress.com)
- Melancholy (jamesjaywilde.wordpress.com)
- Koopy Reviews: Memories of my Melancholy Whores (leblogga.wordpress.com)
- Gorillaz – On Melancholy Hill (lunardreamer1.wordpress.com)
- What temperament are you? (tacunited.wordpress.com)
- Melancholy (dcardiff.wordpress.com)
- Melancholy. . . . a song for brokenhearteds out there (dianaboncajes.wordpress.com)