Here’s a Q&A at AllExperts.com that probes the idea of mental illness in ancient cultures. Although I didn’t really discuss the ideas of mental illness/health in a social and historical context, I do hint at this in the bibliography listed.
I have a pretty good bibliography at my fingertips on this. My Ph.D. was in psychology and religion.
- New Issue: History of Psychiatry (ahp.apps01.yorku.ca)
- A Journey, Not An Escape, Ctd (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)
- Mental block: Opposers of Mad Pride protest anti-psychiatrist (nationalpost.com)
- Guest post: The Art of Psychiatry (frontierpsychiatrist.co.uk)
- You: Identifying the violent mentally ill is a challenge, experts say (latimes.com)
- You: Identifying the violent mentally ill isn’t clear-cut, experts say (latimes.com)
- Letter: China’s Mentally Ill (nytimes.com)
- Letter: Deinstitutionalization’s dark side (commercialappeal.com)
- Dr. Harold Koplewicz: Arizona Shooting: Treating Mental Illness Before it Kills (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Dark Threads review (frontierpsychiatrist.co.uk)