Just had to get out of the city last Saturday and ended up in the beautiful, rustic old town of Port Hope Ontario. This was all the action in town, that, and some guy talking on a cell phone in front of a steak house, along with some youths skulking by a storefront. Oh yeah, then there was this intrepid photographer from out of town, totally enjoying the fresh air, old buildings, and open spaces.
Earlier today I was playing around with a photo of an outdoor poster I took around 2005. Many will recognize it as Maria from the famous Fritz Lang film Metropolis. I ended up not using this image, thinking it a bit far out for Earthpages.org, and also not the best work I’ve ever done.
But I left it on Flickr and feel that it works better at night.
The page it links to is mostly experimental stuff… I usually try all sorts of things before getting the final look down for Earthpages.org, which can’t just appeal to fringe audiences but must speak to everyone. That’s my hope, anyhow.
Here’s the second fix that I did use today at Earthpages for an article called Avoid the New Age Consciousness Trap at All Costs. I’m not entirely happy with it either. But I only have so much time in the day to play with digital filters…
- bring on the night (mclark.wordpress.com)
- Avoid the New Age Consciousness Trap at All Costs (epages.wordpress.com)
- Summertime is photo time… (mclark.wordpress.com)
- luna last nite (mclark.wordpress.com)
- Metropolis (1927) (myfilmviews.com)
- in the wild (mclark.wordpress.com)
- Metropolis (1927) (wetalkaboutmovies.com)
- Take A Look At This Rare ‘Metropolis’ Film Program From 1927 (businessinsider.com)
- How Fritz Lang escaped the Nazis (dangerousminds.net)
- witch’s den (mclark.wordpress.com)