Category Archives: music
My first midi composition/recording… part trance, dance and classical tone poem. Am waiting for a midi cable (in the mail) that hopefully will connect my piano kbd to computer. The notes were played on the computer keypad… so no chord changes… just a one-line exploration.
After testing out the Casio (see below) it went back to the shop for a full refund. I feel sorry for people living in countries where you can’t do that. Nothing worse than getting stuck with something you’re not happy with. Speaking of not being happy, I just came across this Woody Allen interview from 1971. I only watched the first five minutes but that’s long for me. He lies through the whole thing. Not sure if it’s staged or not but it’s pretty funny. The guy is a comic genius.
- Woody Allen Amuses Himself by Giving Untruthful Answers in Unaired 1971 TV Interview (openculture.com)
- Casio WK-6500 – should I stay or should I go? (mclark.wordpress.com)
- Emma Stone In Talks For Woody Allen’s Next (m.deadline.com)
- Woody Allen’s Classic Leading Ladies and Their Contemporary Counterparts (flavorwire.com)
- Woody Allen Nail Art is an Awesome Thing (vol1brooklyn.com)
- Emma Stone To Be Woody Allen’s Next Leading Lady?! (perezhilton.com)
- Is Woody Allen directing the next ‘Iron Man’ movie? (timesunion.com)
- Emma Stone Circles Woody Allen’s Next Pic (variety.com)
- Emma Stone In Talks For Woody Allen’s Next (deadline.com)
I picked up a new keyboard now that it’s warmer and time to expand my musical horizons.
But the sound? Hmm. Not nearly as good as the Yamaha with most voices. The organ sounds are great, and Casio is known for that. But most of the voices don’t sound sampled… more like approximations of Yamaha voices via analog synth. This baby is so on the line that I’m wavering over taking it back or not. I have to buy a new sustain pedal if I keep it because my Yamaha pedal is wired in the opposite phase. When I depress it, it gives staccato and when I release it, sustain. Who can figure? I wish all these companies would just get along and stop making accessories that only fit their own equipment.
Oh well. I’ve got about 2 weeks to test this out before deciding if it stays or goes. One big draw for keeping it is the price. Only $225 inc. tax. The new Yamaha that I’d want is $529 before tax. And in Ontario, where I live, sales tax seems to just keep getting higher and higher…
- Casio WK6500 76 Key Touch Sensitive Workstation Keyboard (casiowk6500sensitiveworkstationkeyboardbuy2.wordpress.com)
- Dan organ, organ, organ yamaha, mua ban nhac cu, thiet bi truong hoc (nhaccu.wordpress.com)
- Keyboard Weighted Keys 88 (keyboardweightedkeys88zny.wordpress.com)
- Rude Girl (brandsandfilms.com)
- Yamaha DGX640W Digital Piano best price and Where to buy cheap Yamaha DGX640W Digital Piano? (oad27mainads.wordpress.com)
Um, that’s a Leonard Cohen song in the title, just in case anyone’s wondering.
The Twitter feed says 1946 but it actually goes back to the turn of the century. That’s right… 78s! How cool is that? I remember listening to 78s on my grandma’s windup Victrolia.
Sigh. I’ve been unusually busy over the past few days so haven’t updated here. But I haven’t been totally off the web. Nope. Along with some earthpages updates I did a volunteer question at allexperts.com, a really interesting one. But unfortunately the questioner wanted it to be private. And I have to respect that.
I’ve also been tweaking my songlists at songza. So far they haven’t really caught on but I think that’s only a matter of time. Because they’re great! (If I do say so myself). Songza is like the poor man’s chance to be a DJ. So now when I hear a song on the car radio that I haven’t added, I make a mental note: “Under the Boardwalk Under the Boardwalk Under the Boardwalk”…
It’s crazy, I know, but I love it. I’ve actually added quite a few new songs to most of my songlists. So do check them out!
http://songza.com/user/11594994/ (click the FAVORITES button to get my playlists).
As for my photography, it seems that I get the highest number of “likes” when I post my original pics. Well, now that it’s warming up I should be getting out more with the camera. But my private life is making it pretty hard to get out of the city these days. So they’ll mostly be urban shots. For a while, anyhow. In the meantime, here’s a pair of Inuit sunglasses that my parents used to own. I took this photo (above right) a few summers ago. Cool huh?
Well, that’s about it. Just wanted y’all to know that I haven’t dropped off the face of the Earth. Not yet!
- Songza Music Streaming App for Windows 8 in the Works (news.softpedia.com)
- Songza v2.91 for iOS Review – Play Music Based on Your Activities and Mood (thegamerwithkids.com)
- Songza v1.1 for BlackBerry 10 Review (thegamerwithkids.com)
- Why Songza Is Exploding (And Being Shamelessly Ripped Off By Others) (onlykosherbacon.wordpress.com)
- Songza: A Fun, Free, Easy Way To Listen To Streaming Music That’s Right For Your Mood And Day (makeuseof.com)
- Songza skips to next song midway through (forums.crackberry.com)
- Workout Beatz: Songza Radio – Electro House Hits (Radio Station) (readysetbeast.com)
- Songza Playlists are Simply Perfect (shwetasays.com)
- Songza music streaming service coming to Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 (wmpoweruser.com)