Category Archives: humor
After testing out the Casio (see below) it went back to the shop for a full refund. I feel sorry for people living in countries where you can’t do that. Nothing worse than getting stuck with something you’re not happy with. Speaking of not being happy, I just came across this Woody Allen interview from 1971. I only watched the first five minutes but that’s long for me. He lies through the whole thing. Not sure if it’s staged or not but it’s pretty funny. The guy is a comic genius.
- Woody Allen Amuses Himself by Giving Untruthful Answers in Unaired 1971 TV Interview (openculture.com)
- Casio WK-6500 – should I stay or should I go? (mclark.wordpress.com)
- Emma Stone In Talks For Woody Allen’s Next (m.deadline.com)
- Woody Allen’s Classic Leading Ladies and Their Contemporary Counterparts (flavorwire.com)
- Woody Allen Nail Art is an Awesome Thing (vol1brooklyn.com)
- Emma Stone To Be Woody Allen’s Next Leading Lady?! (perezhilton.com)
- Is Woody Allen directing the next ‘Iron Man’ movie? (timesunion.com)
- Emma Stone Circles Woody Allen’s Next Pic (variety.com)
- Emma Stone In Talks For Woody Allen’s Next (deadline.com)
Growing up in Toronto you couldn’t really get away from French class, even if you wanted to. I suppose it’s the same for some Americans and Spanish class.
Although I was never that adept at second languages — mind you, my French teacher once said I had a great ear — I liked the exposure to French Canada and, as a kid, imagining Montreal as some huge city (it used to be bigger than Toronto, I think).
One day, however, I fell from grace with my elementary school French teacher, who must have been good at French but not basic physics.
Well, we had an assembly in the gym and I was doing my best to belt out a French song that we’d learned. The French teacher was at the front end of the gym while I and a childhood pal were at the back end. And I guess because it takes a while for sound to travel across distances, there was a slight delay. So while my pal and I thought we were right on time and being good, enthusiastic boys, my French teacher heard us just behind herself and the kids singing close to her.
C’était terrible! And was she ever ticked off! “Michel, I know you are better dan dat…” she said disapprovingly.
Utterly perplexed and quite innocent.
Ceci a fini mon statut comme étoile lumineuse dans la classe française !
- We live in igloos! (triplytriple.wordpress.com)
- Air Canada to pay $12K for French service lapse (cbc.ca)
- The devil. In a bar. In Quebec. With Jesus. Scandal. (josahlin.wordpress.com)
- William & Kate Speak French, Charm The Pants Off Canadians [Video] (jezebel.com)
- Air Canada ordered to pay $12K to man who couldn’t order 7Up in French (news.nationalpost.com)
- I’m not French…but many would mistaken me so… (istealkisses.wordpress.com)
- Le petit Nicolas (alannapeebles.wordpress.com)
This frog let us get really close to him. I have closer shots but this one most reminded me of those misguided gurus who are probably suffering from inflation (look it up… it’s a Jungian term).