Category Archives: freeware
Last night I was searching for free VST plugins and came across the most amazing free guitar amp with effects. There’s actually three different versions, all great. You don’t even need a guitar if you use these with a MIDI compatible guitar simulator or sampled guitar.
http://rekkerd.org/fretted-synth (scroll down to FreeAmp download list).
- How to Play a Guitar | “Essential Guide to Guitar Virtuosity” Teaches… (prweb.com)
- Suggestions for synth for live performance (gearslutz.com)
- Fort Lauderdale Guitar Teacher, Dyce Kimura, to Offer Guitar Lessons Online (prweb.com)
- Music News: Rockin’ Guitar Lesson with a Megadeth Riff is Online (prweb.com)
- Has anyone recorded acoustic guitar direct with the new L.R. Baggs Lyric? (gearslutz.com)
- Does anyone know the exact latency/delay of the Microsoft GS Wavetable synth? (gearslutz.com)
- My Progress With The Acoustic Guitar (chwomp.wordpress.com)
- Film: Ricky Gervais presents Learn Guitar with David Brent. Need we say more? (itsnicethat.com)
- Standard Guitar Lessons for Novices (asamson236.wordpress.com)
- Guitars (thepowerofmusicadi.wordpress.com)
Inkscape is freeware. I stumbled upon it last nite while looking for a good program for converting bitmap to vector images. I’m not sure if Inkscape can do this yet, but I found that it’s pretty impressive with text. So here’s a Merry Christmas message after playing around for a night. I’m sure competent masters could do much better with this great program. But here’s my first attempt.
Could it be true? I’m almost starting to like Mozilla Firefox more than my old standard, IE. It’s hard to believe that Firefox is based on the more or less defunked Netscape because that’s one browser that I never, ever liked (well, maybe I did in the very early days when I surfed on the university computers…).
So why do I like Firefox?
Well, it seems to run faster on my laptop. And I prefer the intra-search layout. Plus, the tabs at top are smaller.
Does it allow for the Google browser? This I still have to find out… because I really do need the online form spellcheck!
See my previous blog. I just installed the update for “Writer” and am sold… err, rather… whatever.
I’ve been trying out “Writer” from www.openoffice.org and so far am very impressed.
It’s freeware and sort of fun but not cheesy. A good alternative to those costly commercial word-processors.