Sour Suite – The Guess Who
When I was a kid the second bargain priced record I bought was The Best of the Guess Who, Vol. 2. It’s long since gone from my collection, but thank God for YouTube. Listening to this one brings back childhood memories of listening to vinyl records in my room in Toronto, sitting in the back seat of the station wagon (remember those?) on the way up to Collingwood for skiing, and racing around in motor boats at Georgian Bay.
Like the record, all that’s pretty much gone from my life now… well, everything but the listening to music part.
It’s true that this band had a string of AM hits in Canada (and some in the US) during the 70s, but I think we all knew they were good but not quite as good as, say, The Who.
- Bachman & Turner ‘Takin’ Care of Business’ in New Will Ferrell Film (spinner.com)
- The Joy of Public Broadcasting (pureandsimpleliving.wordpress.com)
- Burton Cummings and Don McLean at NYCB Theater at Westbury- An “American” Night (musiccourt.wordpress.com)
- Canada’s Best Music – 5 Songs At A Time – Part 11 (joebeans2002.wordpress.com)
- Digging for Gold: The Time-Life “AM Gold” Series, Part 30 (popdose.com)
- The First Chord of “A Hard Day’s Night” (929dave.radio.com)